ALBUQUERQUE, NM, March 8, 2021 –The application deadline for the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) is on March 31, 2021, 4:30PM MST. The REAP program is designed to help rural businesses and ag-producers to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
Funds may be used for the purchase, installation, and construction of renewable energy systems, such as: $2,500 minimum & $500,000 maximum grant.
- Biomass (for example: biodiesel and ethanol, anaerobic digesters, and solid fuels)
- Geothermal for electric generation or direct use
- Hydropower below 30 megawatts
- Small and large wind generation
- Small and large solar generation
Funds may also be used for the purchase, installation, and construction of energy efficiency improvements, such as: $1,500 minimum & $250,000 maximum grant.
- High efficiency heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Cooling or refrigeration units
- Doors and windows
- Electric, solar, or gravity pumps for sprinkler pivots
- Switching from a diesel to electric irrigation motor replacement of energy-inefficient equipment
The loan guarantee percentage is published annually in a Federal Register notice. REAP loans approved in Fiscal Year 2021 will receive an 80 percent guarantee. Grants for up to 25% of total eligible project costs. Combined grant and loan guarantee funding up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
For more information on the application process contact Carlos Contreras at 505-761-4958 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org